Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to My Slovak Heritage!

Welcome! So glad you have stopped by.

My dad is from Slovakia, he left the country back during Communist rule during the mid-60's. This Christmas, while digging through my mom's recipes to find a goulash recipe for my brother, I started to realize what a beautiful Slovak heritage I have. My mom, although her heritage was Slovenian, tried to integrate some of the Slovak dishes into her cooking and kept some of the Slovak Christmas traditions, which we continue to this day, even 6 years after her death.

So as I dig deeper into my heritage, research my family tree further, attempt to learn Slovak (one of the most difficult languages to learn) and make some traditional Slovak dishes, I will share my adventures with you!

I say to you, d'akujem for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment